Sunday, October 22, 2006

And a few more unrelated pics

Since we have been going to ECB church I have made friends with another "newbie" and we have been spending some time together. She has 3 children roughly the same ages as Helen and Daniel. Here is Helen with her new friend Kira. She is really having fun playing and swimming with Kira. They other day I caught her on the phone pretending to talk with Kira. She was saying "Oh, Sawadee ka, Sawadee ka Kira!" (which means "hello, hello!") Cracked me up! (sorry about the glare!)


Here is a view of our front yard. It really is a jungle here! I told Pun we were basically living in a jungle where people decided to build a metropolis. He laughed and said he had never thought of it that way. We hear the bugs, frogs, and lizards at night and the beautiful songs of the jungle birds during the day. The amazing thing is that I never hear any city sounds (no sirens, cars, or street noises). You wouldn't know you were in the heart of Bangkok if you were in our front yard. It really is a little refuge.


You will never guess what building this is! Pun and I found it on an outing one day. This is where my husband was born 34 years ago!! We were told they will be tearing it down soon. I had to take a picture!




This next set of pictures was taken at the park. Helen was helping Daniel on the slide. They had fun doing it over and over and over...






Daniel is doing this thing with his tongue now. So funny looking. I think Helen did it, too. Must be a teething thing.



Making up for missed time....



This is Pun's Great Grand Aunt (that makes 5 generations from her to Helen and Daniel!). She and Pun really love each other. We have been hoping and praying to make it back to Bangkok to see her and the Lord has given us that gift. We spend lots of evenings visiting "greatgrand aunt!" Helen especially loves going to visit. She is blind and spends all of her time on her mattress on the floor. When we first started visiting her, Helen was afraid to hold her hand or give her a kiss. Now, when we go over to see her, Helen goes in right away with Daniel and kisses her and holds her hand and then helps Daniel to hold her hand. Very sweet.

We are praying for opportunities and have begun to share God's love with this very dear woman. Pray with us...

I know this has been full of kid pictures. Consider it a post for Grandma in Utah!!

Next post will be more "cultural." And if there is something in particular you would like to know about, let me know. I love to hear your thoughts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Thanks so much. It is so good to see the kids so happy. We miss all of you so much and can't wait to get there to see you all.
We will pray with you for your grand aunt.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Adorable pics!

What is ECB church? It is pretty evangelical? I was wondering if you guys plan to stay there for a long time or is this a wait and see sort of thing.

Sounds like your Mom and Dad are making a trip over??? How fun!! What a neat experience. I bet they really miss you and the kids. I can't imagine being so far away from my mom!

 
Designed by Lena