Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hello again

Yes, yes, I know it has been awhile. Of course, lots of things have been going on since I last wrote. The main reason I have been away so long (if you don't already know) is that I am 19 weeks pregnant. I have finally reached a point of "normalcy" in this pregnancy. It seemed to take me longer this time to get over the morning sickness and I have just been so tired. I am due late August and we are so excited to meet another new baby!

Though I have been under the weather we have still kept relatively busy. Over the new year we went with our dear friends up to the village where they have been working for years writing down the people's language and then translating the Bible book by book as well as several other cultural type books. It was, to say the least, a fascinating experience and one that endeared us to these people. Here are a few pictures:



The annual Christmas party for everyone in the village



A guest at the party



Going on a hike through rice fields


Daniel and his best buddy


Northern Thai children performing music at the market

Burmese monks at the Thai-Burmese border

And of course, a few wild life pictures. One sad little gecko who just lost his tail!

And a very large spider in the tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back! I kept checking and was missing you. Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm so excited for you.

 
Designed by Lena