Saturday, July 08, 2006

Late News

Happy 4th!! My mom decided to have a big party for the 4th, so we invited 14 of our friends from church over for dinner. What fun! We had a great time visiting and eating a delicious dinner and homemade ice cream (including jalapeno ice cream--thanks, Dave!). Everyone left before the fireworks but one dear friend, Char. We talked her into sticking around for our neighbors fireworks display (here we are watching them),



and to do a few of our own fireworks.






Helen and Daniel always enjoy having her around. Thanks for hanging out with us, Char!



One final note, for those of you who don't already know, my mom will be having surgery tomorrow morning. They will be putting a shunt in to drain excess fluid off her brain. I will post an update tomorrow or Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merri, it does look like we had the same day!! :)

Thanks for letting me know about your Mom. I will keep her in my prayers. Tell her I said "hello".

Merri said...

Thanks, Karen, that means so much! Thanks also for being my faithful bloggin friend!!

 
Designed by Lena